- 8 ounces medium pasta shells, rotini, penne
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups chicken cooked & chopped
- 2 green onions sliced, divided
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup cheddar cheese cut into ¼-inch cubes
- ½ avocado for garnish, optional
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk or as needed
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley or 1 ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & black pepper to taste
Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool. If desired, whisk 1 tablespoon bacon grease into the dressing.
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Set aside 1 tablespoon of green onions and half of the bacon for garnish.
Toss all ingredients in a large bowl except dressing. Add dressing to taste (there may be leftover dressing).